Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 5 months ago

can you get banned for cheating on single player in steam.?

im really weird when it comes to single player. i dont cheat to make the games i play easier. i just cant stand it when the game says my character has a low level. or not all my skills or abilities are maxed. to balance this out i use mods to make the game harder so that being max level doesnt make the game boring. its just the idea of not being the strongest person in the game makes my blood boil. i never do this in multiplayer cause theres no stats telling me im ****.

It depends what sort of cheating. If its modding/hacking then your account would flag up.

Probably not in single player. But any online games? Yeah. I wouldn't try that.

Maybe you can get banned for cheting

While Steam generally focuses on multiplayer cheating, they typically don't care too much on single player stuff.

HOWEVER, any game that utilizes VAC (like Valve's Source Engine Games) will take cheating in any form & mode seriously, which hacking the game or utilizing external cheats may trigger. VAC bans are usually automatic (as VAC detects the outside modification of the games) & are permanent with no chance of an appeal. While getting a VAC ban doesn't ban you from Steam services completely, it does negatively affect your account in multiple ways.

1) You're permanently banned from all VAC-enabled game servers.

2) Items & Games that are VAC-enabled are locked to the account & cannot be gifted, traded or otherwised moved from the banned account.

3) You won't be able to participate in communications or provide community content (like guides) in VAC-enabled games.

Games that have both single player & multiplayer support (like GTA V & GTA Online) will not allow cheating in single player mode if the effects extended into multiplayer mode. However, these games will likely employ their own cheat detection systems for this.

"Can you get banned for cheating on single pl-"

No

What's your Steam Handle? I'm going to report you.

No, you may freely cheat to your heart's content in single player games, to the point of even altering their coding to make the game suit your needs. But in any online game, you'll be banned if caught.

maybe. for WoW, no. because they love money