Is Captain Marvel worth watching?

I haven't seen Avengers Endgame yet and I feel I should watch this before I see it. Is it good, is it worth watching?

• Adam

It's a perfectly solid, entertaining origin film. It's not one of the best in the MCU, but it's enjoyable enough. I'd put it about on-par with the first "Captain America" and "Thor" movies. Decent, but not great.

Well I watched it the origins was alright but Brie Larson played the Character pretty poorly. Also in Avengers Endgame she handily takes thome the Award for Worst Haircut Of The Century and barely does anything but get blasted by the Power Stone.

It's entertaining. And it will help you to better understand both Avengers: Endgame and Spider-Man: Far from Home. It looks like some of the characters and plot points will be carried over into Phase 4, so it will likely help with understanding the future Marvel movies as well.

well, seeing as she comes out of nowhere, to save the day in Endgame........

I suppose it would help to see her origin movie first, to understand her powers.

You don’t have to watch captain marvel for endgame to make sense but it’s a really good movie and definitely worth watching.

Its ok. Not amazing, but maybe mid-level for a Marvel movie. Entertaining, but not amazing.

To be honest, its not necessary viewing before Endgame. The character has a very small role in Endgame, and the events of her film don't impact Endgame in any way.

She's seemingly being set up as the powerhouse character of the next phase, and so I imagine the film will be worth seeing if only because it introduces her. With that said, it's a bit slow like the older Marvel films, so if that's not your thing then you may be disappointed.

The Captain Marvel movie comes before Endgame. (Well, you knew that.)

Captain Marvel appears in Endgame. Towards the end. She makes a big difference. And if you didn't see the Captain Marvel movie you might not know who she is! But you know who she is, so you won't miss anything.

But you should definitely also see Captain Marvel, before or after, because it's a great movie.

• ?

Its not a bad movie in its own right, although it adds little to the whole endgame thing. I saw endgame before I saw Captain marvel. As long as you're aware of the character, you're not going to lose anything in the endgame story.

yes, it was pretty good