patty
Lv 5
patty asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 5 months ago

is steak good for u or too fatty (I cut off most of the fat after cooking)?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

It has a great deal of protein which is very good, fat which isn't great, and a lot of cholesterol which is bad. I am concerned with eating healthy so I eat beef about twice a week and don't eat steak more than about once a month.

• IvaB
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

best to leave the fat on while cooking imo,after which I trim the fat (mostly) like you.Fat can get rubbery and too chewy,and probably hard to digest,but it contributes to overall flavor and juiciness and best trimmed afterwards.

• Todd
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Somebody probably already said this. It depends on the cut, how it's prepared, and how it's cooked. I would say one of the fattiest cuts with the most flavor would be either the rib eye or prime rib, the leanest being round or flank cut.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

It is still too fatty. But it is only one element in the diet.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • denise
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Steak is better with a good marbling of fat, like you say you can trim it when its cooked, if you want to.

• 5 months ago

Of course its good for you but in ANY food, moderation is the key.

You can eat cookies, a couple in a sitting but not the whole package.

You can have a burger now and then but not for every meal.

You can eat anything you want but not the whole package and not all the time.

Moderation in all things.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

God, does everything have to be GOOD for you? Just enjoy the fact you can afford steak!!!!!!

• mac
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

the fat adds flavor, but i do cut it off after cooking,,it dosent tatse too good for me,but i like the flavor it can give

• 5 months ago

Fatty is that then! Next the cook must buy one steak, sort which doesn,t have fat!

• 5 months ago

It depends on what you cook it in and how much oil or butter you use when cooking it. There is no such thing as a food being bad for you because all foods are beneficial when consumed with moderation. I think you're doing fine.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.