Lv 6
asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 5 months ago

Do you think this was inconsiderate?

I was at the self-checkout at the store, and once I paid, I was leaving through the exit, but this lady with her trolley was chatting up the girl who was supervising the machines, so I had to go around her and I ended up banging my hip on the side of a machine or whatever gates they have at the exit there. It really hurt, and I thought of saying something, but they didn't even notice, so I just left. Not sure if I was clumsy, or perhaps next time I should pace myself, it's hard to think objectively.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Best answer

You should have indeed said something:

you should have said 'excuse me'

and allowed her to move out of the way.

• 5 months ago

Yes, it was inconsiderate of you to push by without saying 'Excuse me' and also foolish not to pay more attention to your own movements.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

rnaybe you shouldve said excuse rne, she probably didnt notice she was doing that

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Seems hard to beleive one could hurt themselves so bad, yet not notice that they were going to hit it.

You could just asked to get by.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

KEEP THE FAITH!

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Blocking an exit is illegal

• Katie
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

When you got to them you should have said 'Excuse me can I get through' - they would have moved out of the way.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No. You should have been more careful. You could have said, "Excuse me."

It's quite weird that you're so concerned about this that you'd go to the trouble of asking a question about such a totally unimportant matter. Most people wouldn't have given this a second thought.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.