Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 5 months ago

I resent one of my children, I love her but do not like her, is this okay since I still love her?

I have two daughters that mean the world to me but a 3rd I am not proud of. She has lied, is lazy, and has gotten my sister who is a hypocrite to believe things that are not true about me and now has that sister lying. My family wants me to sweep it under the rug because family is family but I refuse to. This daughter of mine wrecks he unity of my family that was once close and for that I resent her.

Again I love her but resent her. She is aged 22.

Is this okay since I still love her and she is an adult?

• audrey

Yes, it's ok...........

My wife been going through this her whole life. She’s loved but has never been liked. And was/is treated so. We try to go out of are way to stay away from them solely for wifey sanity.

All my wife has ever wanted was to be wanted. We are not aloud on Christmas or Thanksgiving because siblings and their families are there. Even her ex husband is invited (who should be in prison for how he treated her and their children. Beating and burning)

I told my wife and her children don’t expect anything from their estate when they pass. I don’t want their hopes destroyed.

That is fine, I hate all my kids.

i think its okay, i would resent her too if she was rny kid

Couldn't have been too close if you resented your daughter for years and created a chasm. Work on your resentment and the chasm may recede........

• Pj

this will come back on you in the future.

You are the parent you are the adult you are the final say.

Allowing your children to act disrespectfully is only from your own parenting.

It sucks i know but as a guardian and parent and adult it is you who must take full responsibility for your daughter regardless of what shes does.

Resentment to you own children is like dropping all responsibility and taking the easy way out. There will be karma for that.

control your feelings and take control of things.

• Mark

It's the parent who decides and controls the family. In your case, you may have waited too long.