Why do people keep saying seek therapy even though people can’t afford it?

When people bring awareness to mental health, they keep saying go get therapy. Do people release that it cost a lot of money to go see a therapist? A lot of insurances don’t cover a therapist, for a lot of people they can’t ever afford therapy. I have mental illness and I’m not going to therapy because I can’t... show more When people bring awareness to mental health, they keep saying go get therapy. Do people release that it cost a lot of money to go see a therapist? A lot of insurances don’t cover a therapist, for a lot of people they can’t ever afford therapy. I have mental illness and I’m not going to therapy because I can’t afford it. The best thing I can do is free counseling at my college but therapist are unpaid interns and they come and go so I gotta keep re explaining my situation to several different people. It cost a fortune to go actually pay for a therapist. So when my friends tell me to get therapy, they should be the ones to pay for it then. People like telling me to do things that cost money but don’t offer to help pay for it.