Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 6 months ago

Should I invite my estranged cousin to my wedding?

I have a cousin that moved out the country hates her mom now and our whole family.

I don’t think she’s okay mentally

I’m getting married to a girl she’s never met. Haven’t seen my cousin in years. Idk I don’t want her causing drama my girl doesn’t deserve that.

I don’t want my aunt to feel bad though.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • `
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

All eyes should be on you and the bride - not a cousin who might cause a disturbance. I wouldn't invite her, but that's just me.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The vast majority of people wouldn't take an international trip just for a cousin's wedding. So send the invitation knowing it's unlikely she'll go though all the bother to get there in person.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

If it helps, you are complicating this! There's absolutely no reason to invite her to your wedding. This is supposed to be for people who love and support you.

If your aunt is rude enough to raise a stink, so what? You and your fiancee are the ones who pick the guest list. She's the one who raised your cousin, right? Maybe she shouldn't be invited, either.

The only people who get a vote on who is invited are you and your fiancee. Keep things simple.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

There is no need to invite a cousin that you are not close to. It is unlikely she would attend anyway since it would be expensive for her to attend.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

i wouldnt bother inviting her if she hates everyone, shes out of the country and probably cant afford to fly out anyways

• 6 months ago

I wouldn't invite her. I think years from now she won't care that she wasn't invited.

• 6 months ago

Just shoot straight with them? If they don't want to go, they don't have to. Let them know you'd like them to come but they don't have to if they don't want to. It sounds like they've got issues with their mom, and if you let them know that you get it, they may just stay away.

• 6 months ago

You can "invite" her and if she hates everyone as much as you say, she will probably not come so all is good.

• 6 months ago

NO you shouldn't invite her. Dummy.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.