Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 4 months ago

Why are men not allowed to wear open toed shoes in this heat at work?

To much of a liability, drop something and a broken toe or foot could happen, and I don't care to look at hairy toes.

Fashion..........................

At many office workplaces women can wear open toed shoes. Now, if a man did, he more than likely wouldn't still be working there. It's like with men having to always wear long pants there.

In society, women's issues mean a lot, but men's issues don't mean much or anything. And, invariably if a woman brings up women's issues she gets praised and liked, if a man brings up men's issues he gets contempt. So, that's why men can't wear those there.

The one asking the question doesn't say where, and what heat, temperature. Here where I am it is cold and rainy now.

Yes thy are at my job.

Depends on what their job is. If you work where you can wear what you want for footwear and want to wear open toed shoes that is fine.

• F

Because most people's feet stink.

That all depends on where you work at. IF they worked in a factory or an auto repair shop, then I can understand why open toed shoes are not allowed as well as working in an office where you need to wear a suit and a tie. However, if they had a job where they do not have to dress up, or you want to dress up you can probably wear what you want to wear. When I drove taxi and it was warm out, I was allowed to wear sandals to work and I wore sandals to work quite a bit in warm weather.

No law that says they cannot. Just 'normal' ethics not to wear sandals to work.

Peace.

• Bee V2

When I worked at subway we couldn't wear open toed shoes. One day I lost my shoes for whatever reason so I had to come in with flip flops. Within 20 minutes I realized why...I hit my toe off of almost everything and my toenail was completely broken by the end of the day. It's just a safety thing. You dont realize how many things your toes touch until they're exposed

• Mark

I am not sure where you work, but it is not prohibited where I work. Plus, how, exactly, do open-toed shoes keep you cool?