Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 4 months ago

Why are men not allowed to wear open toed shoes in this heat at work?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

To much of a liability, drop something and a broken toe or foot could happen, and I don't care to look at hairy toes.

• 4 months ago

Fashion..........................

• 4 months ago

At many office workplaces women can wear open toed shoes. Now, if a man did, he more than likely wouldn't still be working there. It's like with men having to always wear long pants there.

In society, women's issues mean a lot, but men's issues don't mean much or anything. And, invariably if a woman brings up women's issues she gets praised and liked, if a man brings up men's issues he gets contempt. So, that's why men can't wear those there.

The one asking the question doesn't say where, and what heat, temperature. Here where I am it is cold and rainy now.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Yes thy are at my job.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

Depends on what their job is. If you work where you can wear what you want for footwear and want to wear open toed shoes that is fine.

• F
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Because most people's feet stink.

• 4 months ago

That all depends on where you work at. IF they worked in a factory or an auto repair shop, then I can understand why open toed shoes are not allowed as well as working in an office where you need to wear a suit and a tie. However, if they had a job where they do not have to dress up, or you want to dress up you can probably wear what you want to wear. When I drove taxi and it was warm out, I was allowed to wear sandals to work and I wore sandals to work quite a bit in warm weather.

• 4 months ago

No law that says they cannot. Just 'normal' ethics not to wear sandals to work.

Peace.

• Bee V2
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

When I worked at subway we couldn't wear open toed shoes. One day I lost my shoes for whatever reason so I had to come in with flip flops. Within 20 minutes I realized why...I hit my toe off of almost everything and my toenail was completely broken by the end of the day. It's just a safety thing. You dont realize how many things your toes touch until they're exposed

• Mark
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

I am not sure where you work, but it is not prohibited where I work. Plus, how, exactly, do open-toed shoes keep you cool?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.