Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 5 months ago

Smoking is an assault on my civil liberties to good health. Should cigarettes be classified as lethal weapons so we can defend ourselves?

Stand your ground, against smokers!

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

Like it or not, smokers have civil liberties, also. And you can't violate someone else's civil liberties just because you feel yours are being violated - which they aren't.

Smokers are currently restricted in their activity while you have limitless options. It sounds like your civil liberties are still very well intact.

So you find smoking offensive (your real beef, since you really care nothing about their health, and there is little evidence to support the "second-hand smoke" claims).

Don't get me wrong - I sympathize with you. I'm a former 30-year smoker who quit only because I was diagnosed with emphysema. The one thing that bothers me worse than you (unless you're a former smoker) is that after quitting, I am more sensitive to cigarette smoke than someone who has never smoked. Thus, it bothers me more than it does you.

And as disgusting as I think it is, I know also that I have other options, like moving somewhere else - just like you.

"Stand your ground"? Against smokers? If you're going to stand for something, make it worthwhile.

• John
    Lv 4
    4 months ago

You smoke? And you feel you have the rights of monarchies?

You must be from Europe or have a superiority complex.

Have you thought about seeing a pchychitrist?

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

You have the civil liberty to remove yourself from the vicinity of any smoker voluntarily. Also, the studies on the subject are actually quite intellectually dishonest.

• DeAnne
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It's been proven that second-hand smoke is almost as bad as smoking.

That's why most places have outlawed smoking inside.

• Tor5 months agoReport

Which is a violation of civil liberties. If you're that concerned about second hand smoke don't go into public.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

There are a few cities in my area which have banned the sale of cigarettes all together. Some local cities and towns are planning to ban vapes and menthol cigarettes.

• Tor5 months agoReport

You live in a city overtaken by NAZIS. you should move before they throw you in the stove.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

You can, buy a water pistol.

• 5 months ago

Go suck on a tailpipe of a car, you moron!

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Just stay inside your house and that will help protect society

• 5 months ago

By that argument, all cars and industry are as well.

You've just argued the end of modern civilisation.

• 5 months ago

No. Stupid. 😂 😘 👌 Lolz

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.