Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 months ago

Should military doctors start training in Chicago?

They see far more gun-shot victims in Chicago hospitals than you can at any military hospital. Working at a hospital in Chicago on a hot weekend guarantees you will get to see multiple gun shot cases.

Plus, the doctors and nurses there are experts. If you are going to get shot, you want to get shot in Chicago where the hospitals know what they are doing.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2019/7/22/20701...

Really, this liberal wonderland has provided a great opportunity to train on how to deal with the carnage of war.

I'm guessing they may already be there...

...in the 1990s I lived outside DC and a good friend of mine was a surgeon.. he told me that not only did U.S. Army medics train in DC and Baltimore but medics from other NATO nations as well..

the reason? wounds from assault rifles were a nightly occurrence and it was the only place on Earth military medics could learn to treat wounds from military-grade arms daily without having to travel to a foreign war zone...

Deliberately drawing attention to the problems of a city's black population and complaining of crime is racist.

Skin color does not cause crime. However, poverty does.

No Chicago is not worth it military doctors should help people that appreciate life & can contribute not be a darn on a society

• humpty

Actually, this ER nurse trained at Woodlands in Dallas. I saw more gunshot wounds there in six months than I did in six years in Boston and twenty in Seattle.

So much for your uninformed cheap shot.

• humpty

Too inexperienced to make stupid comments about something he has no experience in.

• Chris

This is not a bad idea. Good luck with the bureaucratic hassle associated with taking some personnel responsibility away from private hospital administrators and giving it to the military. They are accustomed to having complete control over their own medical staff.

Yes. Nothing like finding some good in a bad situation. Great idea.