Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 6 months ago

Confused. What Does This Mean?

I was on Twitter, casually reading some of my high school classmate pages.

Suddenly, I see my name in a tweet by another girl. It says, "See you bright and early tomorrow with (my name) and a heart sign".

The other girl replied back, "Haha, don't talk about it".

Were these girls bullying me behind my back or something? I'm a girl myself so it seems like there was an inside joke they were making about me?

It was this sign: <3

Unless it's your first and last name or your first name alone is so unique as to be singularly you and no one else, they're probably talking about someone who shares your given name.

Can you be sure they were talking about you? Did they use your first and last names? How well do you know these girls? Do you ever hang out with them at school, or during breaks. Have you talked to them this summer? Did your friendships with them die out? Have they ever bullied or belittled you before?

You're going to ask yourself those above questions, if you want to get to the bottom of why you saw your name being used in a conversation that you weren't even a part of. It's possible they were acting like immature mean girls, saying stupid things about other girls, and your name came up as a butt of one of their digs. Hopefully that's not the case. Bit if they were being bit©hes, they aren't worth your time. It takes bullies like them a long time to mature into decent people, so try to ignore them. Instead of following them on Twitter, follow your best friends, & family. Spend some real time with them just hanging out or find something fun to do.

• `

Do you mean "heart sign" or "heart sigh?"

rnaybe you need to ask thern this question

• g

Maybe you're reading too much into this. If it's not addressed to you, it's not your stuff.

Seriously not something to worry about. People these day and age do not grow up. People are mean and you're just better off to ignore them and enjoy your life as it is now.