is Television & Internet like the "new religion" to control and manage people?

I was asking last evening why anyone created the religions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam or Buddhism or even Hinduism, and was told that it was to control people, but why? everyone in most regions of world (except parts of the Southeastern USA for some reason) knows that religion is a mass scale hoax. but is T.V. and internet the thing to replace them? how and why or why not?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • k w
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

not religion but more added confusion.....some was leftovers from the pagans, Solomon was guilty of chasing after strange gods,

hence the Captivity of the House of Israel and later, the House of Judah, and there is much more confusion likely was added by satan to fake people out when he appears

as real but is the Fake......coming soon.....

• Jake
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Catholicism is the One True Faith and a person can know this with certainty by reciting the rosary each day with care.

• 5 months ago

TV and internet are just new media. They're just taking over radio, newspapers, and books in relaying entertainment, news, religious messages, etc. As a religious person, I'm opposed to the assertions of those who say they "know" that God is real unless they're prophets or apostles or witnesses. I only say that I "believe", not "know". Don't debate me here about why I shouldn't believe in God as that's not the topic of this discussion. I only addressing it because you brought up a comment saying that some people "KNOW" that religion is a mass hoax.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

You might have described it as that when it was limited to three channels. Any party political broadcast was simultaneously on all channels so you couldn't escape it. You had to watch as things were broadcast, or miss out on what everyone was talking about the next day - and there was no recording of programmes.

Now it is so diverse that people can watch as and when they want or not at all and few routine programmes command large audiences any more unless they are special events.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Very few people who are being controlled and managed by others (with vested interests) realize that. Today, television and the internet are just outward, visible indicators of how society is being programmed to adopt an anti-God stance. Do you want to know what's at back of the manipulation that's currently changing peoples' views?

Aldous Huxley’s “Brave New World” foretold people divided and controlled by pre-determined social status, social education, and drugs. Well, today our society is obsessed with drugs, 15 minutes of fame on reality TV, sex, smartphones and widescreen TVs. That is what our godless State is offering us nowadays, since Christianity was sidelined. This godless State presumes that we will be happy living dumbed-down, mediocre lives with cultural crumbs dropped to us from their high table.

As we have moved away from a Christian view of education to a socially engineered, collectivist mindset, we now tell children what to think, rather than teaching them how to think. This leads to people hardly being able to think for themselves, so they will just go along with the prevailing zeitgeist, which is now anti-Christian.

In all of this, it is the poor who will suffer the most. The wealthy can pick and choose what and whom they want. The poor just live in and with the resultant chaos and dysfunction. Christians will continue to warn of this, irrespective of what liberties are eroded from us in the next years.

• 5 months agoReport

however, i DO agree with a lot of what you wrote, (especially the first sentence)

• Duck
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Read Fahrenheit 451 ... it's deeper than just a book about book burning. It will scare the socks off of you and make you see the world in a much different light.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

the MEDIA, not the television or Internet (they are just tools that can be used any way intended, just like books)

• Duck
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

That's the way people thought in Fahrenheit 451 that led to book burning.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.