Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 6 months ago

Should I call and re fill my baby’s prescription?

My baby was prescribed a 10 day medicine for his ear infection but I accidentally spilled some of his medicine so he probably didn’t get his full dosage today and plus I accidentally skipped one full day so he’s basically behind on a day and a half of his medicine. The doctor told me to give it to him for 10 days and he’s missing a day and a half of it and now his medicine is all gone. Should I call to re fill it so he gets the full 10 days?

Favorite Answer

Call the pediatrician who prescribed the medication and tell them what's happened. You can't get an automatic refill on an oral antibiotic, so calling the pharmacy is a waste of time.

• Pippin

Antibiotics dont' have automatic refills. You will need to call the doctor and ask what you should do. If necessary, they will call in another prescription.

This is a question that you should call and ask your doctor, not take the guess of people strangers on the Internet with no medical training, half the facts, and who can not examine the baby. You should be able to call and they will tell you (for free) over the phone what you need to do.

It is possible that they will need to write a new RX for you to refill the medicine.