KM asked in PetsDogs · 4 months ago

How do I convince my boyfriend to get me a dog?

I love dogs so much and really want one, not only for obvious reasons but also so I can care for another being other than myself and invest love and time. My boyfriend and I are going to go to the shelter today and I really need him to agree to let me get a dog. Pls help!!!

• Mark

Why can't you get your own dog? Are you a "gold-digger"?

Edit: You "answered" my question nicely. You are both lazy ("I can't be bothered to write a coherent response, so I'll just thumb him down") AND a gold-digger.

Buy yourself the dog and that’ll be that.

If he was smart, he'd dump you.

• Ocimom

Be sure where you live you are allowed to have a dog and what size. That is very important before you go to the shelter. If you are both going to the shelter to look at dogs, then I would say he's agreed to get a dog.

Here's why it's not a good idea. People who cannot manage their own lives shouldn't bring other living creatures into their troubled lives. Next time you're drunk and high do you harm the dog instead of punching the wall? I work in animal rescue. Let's see if your name pops up ... Nationwide.

"What's a good reason for breaking your hand when you can't tell your boss you broke it because you punched a wall blacked out? When I was drunk last night I punched a wall and broke my hand. I now have a full cast on for at least 4 weeks. I cannot go into work and tell my bosses/coworkers i punched a wall because I was blacked out. What is a good reason I can use as to why I broke my hand?"

• larry4 months agoReport

What is this idiot talking about?

"Let you" get a dog? So he's in charge of everything?

How old are you? You sound INCREDIBLY immature. So if you're a teenager living in your parents' home you CAN'T adopt - they have to. Shelters also don't also adopt out to minors.

In the unlikely even you ARE an adult then as a couple you need to AGREE to adopt a dog and be able to AFFORD to adopt. You also need to live in a rental that ALLOWS a dog.

Why would he get you a dog? Are you not working?

If you, as an adult, can't make your own decisions on this..... *sigh*.

Does your landlord ALLOW pets?

• Diane4 months agoReport

Also think about the cost of raising a dog. Shots, heartwarming isn’t cheap. If you have to rely on your bf to buy for you then you should not get 1 until u can. think about med care. Put a 500.00 hold in your $ for emergencies. Depending on breed research what is best for u. ie: lazy active etc.

• don r

How many dogs do you have room for until there's no room left for your boyfriend? If you're worried about *convincing* him, you need to give more attention to your human relationship. If the BF likes dogs and is willing to share taking care of it, there's no need to be manipulative.

• Murzy

Why not "foster" a dog? The shelter will love you for it.

• Diane4 months agoReport

I’m retired. My husband works and I’m on SS. I lost my Ricky Pomeranian a few years ago. Thedecision is my decision. Not his. We’ve been married 35 yrs to prove that it works!
      So I decided to get a new pup. A chihuahua
      She’s 4 mo.
      If you’re worried what he’ll say then you’re with the wrong dude.

swallow---------