If Jesus is God ?

Why does Hebrews 2:9 say that he was made lower then the Angel's. That means that the Angel's are superior to him. If Jesus is the almighty God how can that be true

No, he Mexican guy...

I really love your question!! First I want make clear that Jesus never claimed to be Almighty God, but always gave the glory and honor to his Father Jehovah.

In answer to your question as to why Jesus was made lower than the angels notice the Bibles answer

It was not as if an ordinary man laid down his life for us that we might live a little while longer on earth and die later on without a better earth or a better order of things. Just think of it, God’s Son came down from heaven to share our blood and flesh as a man, as a perfect, sinless, uncondemned man. To this effect it is written, in Hebrews 2:14, 15: “Since the ‘young children’ are sharers of blood and flesh, he also similarly partook of the same things, that through his death he might bring to nothing the one having the means to cause death, that is, the Devil; and that he might emancipate all those who for fear of death were subject to slavery all through their lives.” Angels are not sharers of blood and flesh; they are spirits. Consequently, by leaving heaven and being born as a human creature and thus sharing or partaking of blood and flesh, God’s chief Son was made “a little lower than angels.”

Now to answer your next Question is Jesus Almighty God?

What did Jesus say

▪ “If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am.” (John 14:28) Jesus acknowledged that he and his Father are not equals.

▪ “I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.” (John 20:17) Jesus did not speak of himself as God but spoke of God as a separate Person.

▪ “I have not spoken out of my own impulse, but the Father himself who sent me has given me a commandment as to what to tell and what to speak.” (John 12:49) Jesus’ teachings did not come from him; they came from the Father.

JESUS claimed to be the Son of God, not Almighty God. If Jesus were God, to whom was he praying while here on earth? (Matthew 14:23; 26:26-29) Surely Jesus was not just pretending to talk to someone else!

When two of Jesus’ disciples asked him for special positions in his Kingdom, he answered: “This sitting down at my right hand and at my left is not mine to give, but it belongs to those for whom it has been prepared by my Father.” (Matthew 20:23) Was Jesus telling them a lie when he stated that he did not have the authority to grant their request? Hardly! Rather, he humbly acknowledged that only God has the authority to make such decisions. Jesus even explained that there were some things that neither he nor the angels knew but that were known only by his Father.​—Mark 13:32.

Was Jesus lower than God only while he was a man here on earth? No. Even after his death and resurrection, Jesus is described in the Bible as being subordinate to God. The apostle Paul reminds us that “God is supreme over Christ.” (1 Corinthians 11:3, Today’s English Version) The Bible says that in the future “when all things have been placed under Christ’s rule, then he himself, the Son, will place himself under God, who placed all things under him; and God will rule completely over all.”​—1 Corinthians 15:28, TEV.

Clearly, Jesus is not God Almighty. That is why he spoke of his Father as “my God.”​—Revelation 3:2, 12; 2 Corinthians 1:3, 4. *

Source(s): jw.org
    • Rolando C I

David - You are worshiping a false Jesus And the Devil is rejoicing.

• Grace

How you perceive Jesus depends on your religious beliefs and many do believe he is God.

This is difficult to answer because I do not know what religion you are in.

• Annsan_In_Him

The Bible speaks in John's first chapter and states that this one, who became Jesus, IS GOD, and that He made everything that was made, proving He could not have been made Himself. No bullying required - just stating what the Bible states.

• No, Jesus Christ is not God. Jesus said our God and Father is also his God and Father.

It is wonderful to hear or read about Christians arguing about their religion. LOL!

• antonius

Annsan_In_Him - I've read it all more than 4 times. The NT is actually not about spirituality, and anyone who thinks differently is deceived to believe in a false god and religion. It is a story made into comic parodies about a horrible war, and a father did send his son to lead his army.

No. Jesus is the son of God.

He points to another as God.

John 17:3

Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

He even claims this God as his God.

John 20:17

Don't cling to me," Jesus told her, "since I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and tell them that I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God

Jesus was made a little lower than angels while He was on the earth.

JESUS IS GOD

1 John 5:7 King James Version (KJV)

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

John 1:1-2,14 King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Source(s): NOTE: and the Word was God.
    • Rebmilc

daylily is right your belief system is polytheistic, you believe in more than One God.

• Paul

Angels are superior to humans. Jesus took upon Himself a human nature, being born of a human mother, thereby temporarily taking upon Himself all the limitations of humanity, including being inferior to angels.

• Rolando C I

No the Bible doesn't teach that The Bible teaches that Jesus the son of God who already existed in heaven was sent to earth in a human form by his father Jehovah. John 3:16

• Juli

Hebrews 2:9, ESV: "But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone."

He was made lower that the angels when he was human, according to the bible.

Does your god have limits?

The Second Person of the Holy Trinity was always God, from the beginning. But when He was incarnated as Jesus the Christ, He took on a human form. And particularly during His passion and death, He willingly made Himself lower than the angels, submitting Himself to the will of the Father. The Resurrection restored Him to full power and authority, as stated in Colossians 1 and elsewhere.

• Rolando C I

Pyrus- Trinitarians are just expressing a pre-conceived belief. The Bible is quite clear in saying that Jesus isn't God.