Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 5 months ago

Why are white people the majority and Native Americans the minority?

Since North America belonged to the Native Americans, how come they are not heavily populated here like other races are in their own continents? I remember reading about them in history class as a child but all they ever talk about is Christopher Columbus and how he "discovered" America... but what about their history and their culture not involving Columbus?They seem.to have a culture that is unique to their own people which is not taught to us in school. I just think it is rather strange that although slavery took place, Africans were still able to multiply and populate their continent. Europeans, and Asians as well. I am not that familiar with the origins of Australia so I will not speak on that. Antarctica never had any native people, and South America may still have some of their native people. What happened to the Native Americans that were in the U.S. and how did white people become the majority in the United States when they are not the original dwellers of the land?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Because there were more Europeans than Native Americans, there were thousands of Europeans or more who came here and Christopher Columbus didn't discover America he discovered islands below Florida.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

What you are doing here, by conglomerating all Native Americans into one culture, is missing the essential point – they were not and never had been a single culture (much like the people colonising the area).

• 5 months ago

Numbers. Native Americans make up only 0.8% of the population in the United States.

• 5 months ago

If is what it is what it is

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Anglo-Europeans kept coming to the promised land in droves. And as they came across the Atlantic, they caused about 90% of the indigenous native Americans to die off. So as the Amerindian died off or were killed by the Anglo-Europeans more and more non-natives populated the colonies. So in the end there were more Anglo-Europeans than Native Americans in North America. Check this out:

"Indigenous people north and south were displaced, died of disease, and were killed by christian Europeans through slavery, rape, and war. In 1491, about 145 million people lived in the western hemisphere. By 1691, the population of indigenous Americans had declined by 90-95 percent, or by around 130 million people."

Genocide of indigenous peoples - Wikipedia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide_of_indige...

• 5 months ago

noone is a rninority, we'll all equals

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

The Europeans almost murdered all of the native Americans. Some natives died from diseases the Europeans brought over. It's sad but it happened.

• Gary
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

Conservatives are rude to everyone.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.