*LiTtLe StAr* asked in PetsDogs · 6 months ago

Can anyone tell me what breed dog this is? i got him thinking he was a maltipoo but 2 months later he looks nothing like a maltipoo.?

Can anyone tell me what breed this dog is?

I don't mean breed i get he's a mutt...but what kind of mutt!!

• Ocimom

When you have a mutt or mix, you never know what it will end up looking like or the size or coat, etc. Maltese/Poodles can look like either breed or some of both and won't breed anything that looks exactly like them. That is why they are not breeds but mutts.

If your dog's parents were maltese/poodle then that is what he looks like. Since he came from a backyard breeder, who really knows what he is. You can waste money on a DNA test if you want or you can save your money, love your dog and get him neutered so he doesn't reproduce.

From the dog breed, Buttuglious.

Looks to be a Spaniel mix, or Border Collie mix.

• P

To me, he looks like a spaniel cross border collie type, I think the name they give to that type of cross is a "sprollie".

• J C

A maltipoo is a mutt, and as a mutt there is no breed standard and the pup can grow up to look like anything. But there is likely no Maltese in this dog, and likely no poodle as well. Maybe a collie mutt? Hopefully this is a shelter dog and not one you paid a lot of money for. Cute pup - but not any sort of breed.

I'd suggest there's Collie in that dog BUT you do realise that even mix-bred litter-mates don't look the same BECAUSE THERE'S NO BREED STANDARD FOR MIXES! If you know who the dam was (bought from the BYB) that's all you will know.

I say collie cross as well... and agree that any 'mutt' including any of the poodle mixes can change as their is no standard for a cross.

He looks kinda cute though

if you take to the vet they can tell you because they can do a dog DNA test

He is a Basset Hound.

He isnt a breed. He is a mutt.

And a "maltipoo" is also a mutt... They dont have a specific look.

Mutts dont always have a "specific kind". And you cant tell from a pic either.. Youd have to know exactly what his parents are to know "specific kind". He certainly COULD be a maltese/poodle mix... Or he could be a chihuahua mix, or a terrier mix.