Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysWaitangi Day · 4 months ago

What is you would LIKE to believe in Christianity but you CAN'T becasue it sounds like a bunch of b/s so if u pretended that wldn't be good?

IF not "what is".

Unless the Holy Spirit leads, I can see how the devil easily would warp the mind.

We're not all that autonomous but CONNECTED and far more 'Comes to us' and we think we came up with that view.

Spell out the bs and let's see. But it's a hard path and what you gotta do might not appeal?

Pretending is lying to yourself and hurts you.

Figure out the bs?

A GOD which allegedly "Knows All Things" would KNOW that I was just PRETENDING to believe in him.

In order to believe in the New Testament, I would have to believe that a GOD which is

TOO F[intercourse]ING STUPID to think up a NON-violent way to forgive what HE defines as "sins", so Jesus HAD to be tortured to death.

I would have to believe that, after Jesus was absolutely DEAD, he got up and roamed around for 40 days, and then, in defiance if some VERY BASIC laws of physics, floated up into the stratosphere.

I would have to believe the reports in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, and Luke, that Jesus was "transfigured", glowed like a firefly, and thje voice of GOD was heard, telling the few witnesses to the event, that Jesus IS the SON of GOD.

BUT!! M M & L report that the apostle known as JOHN was there.

But JOHN's Gospel doesn't even HINT that this event actually happened.

Why would John write a Gospel, intending to prove that Jesus was the Messiah, the Son of God, and NOT mention that John was THERE, and John heard GOD tell him this exact piece of information???

So, i can't even begin to PRETEND to believe.

• Paul

Right. Pretending wouldn't be good. Looking into things with an open heart and mind, so that you could discover the truth, would be best.

• Chris

Heaven and hell are real, and it's too late to be saved, after death.

.

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

• Mog

A lot of concepts from math and science sound like a load of b/s until you more fully understand them. Keep searching for the answers that you’re looking for. Study the lives of the saints. The faith of the early fathers of the Church. Philosophy and mysticism.

I can't believe in Atheism.

I'm not sure Abortion and Suicide are always Bible wrongs (but i think they are).

I'm not certain that there is an Eternal Hell for non-Believers who behave in accordance with their Consciences (But I think there is).

Your question makes no sense.