Should a quad HD dash cam (Thinkware Q800Pro) have pixelated, poor video quality when recording in time lapse parking mode (2 fps)?

I bought the Thinkware Q800Pro dash cam primarily to use the time lapse parking mode feature while my car is parked at my apartment complex. The time lapse videos that Thinkware posted for demonstration are MUCH clearer that the videos I am getting. I contacted Thinkware and was originally told that there is a... show more I bought the Thinkware Q800Pro dash cam primarily to use the time lapse parking mode feature while my car is parked at my apartment complex. The time lapse videos that Thinkware posted for demonstration are MUCH clearer that the videos I am getting. I contacted Thinkware and was originally told that there is a known issue with poor video quality in the Q800Pro and they are working on a fix for it but have no idea when that will be. I told them that I planned to return my unit and asked them if they will reimburse the $50 install fee that I paid BestBuy to install it. They then responded that my unit is NOT defective and the blurry, pixelated videos are normal for time lapse. If that is normal, why arent the time lapse videos they advertise as poor of quality as mine? This is supposed to be Quad HD video. Is it true that it is normal for the time lapse videos to pixelate? Even still things, such as buildings, are pixelated. The time lapse takes 2 pictures per second so a 2 minute video is 10 minutes in real life.
1 answer 1