Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBoats & Boating · 6 months ago

I’m thinking of buying a boat, is that a bad choice?

No they’re great fun

Do you have lots of money to waste? Unless you have tens of thousands to waste, I wouldn't buy anything bigger then a kayak.

If you didn't take a boating course online then I think it would be a bad choice to buy a boat. Because you could either get yourself killed, or injured if you don't know what you are doing.

I already took an online boating course, and I past. I also bought a life jacket, and flash light. Currently I am buying whatever I need before buying a boat. I made a list of what I need, so I am crossing off what I am purchasing, so I can go on a boat.

I would like to either live on a boat, or travel on a boat. Well maybe I can do both.

Before buying a boat, it's a good idea to think about what type of boat you want, and where you want to put it, and where you want to go with it.

If you can't even make a decision you shouldn't be on a lake!

If you don't have a place to keep it out of the weather, yes it's a bad choice.

Otherwise it will sit in your driveway collecting dirt, rain water, and sun damage. Then you'll end up selling it for pennies on the dollar.

• JetDoc

The two best days of a boater's life are the day he buys a boat and the day he sells it.

• kevusaborn

For some, but my boat was awesome. I do suggest researching what you need over what you want. Don’t get in over your head.

Enjoy ~~~~~~\o/~~~~~ be safe !

"A boat is a hole in the water that you throw money into." (Ha- Dimo beat me to it) Like a new car or other recreational machine, boats have ongoing costs and don't appreciate in value. So it's a terrible financial investment.

But you know why you want a boat. If you can afford it and your wife doesn't hate the idea, then that's how you get there.

• Dimo

Depends on the boat, if can you handle a boat, and water to put the boat into.

I had a boat when I was a stupid kid -- a Kool Snark Sailboat ($40 plus end of a carton of Kool Cigarettes.) I could car-top the boat on my Triumph Spitfire. I sailed it in the Pacific. Sailboat are a free ride -- no motor, no noise, no effort.

But generally, a boat is a hole in the water which you throw money in. A boat is a good way to waste money.

• Murzy

The best 2 days are when you buy it and when you sell it.

yes. Have you ever watched shark week