Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBoats & Boating · 6 months ago

I’m thinking of buying a boat, is that a bad choice?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

No they’re great fun

• 6 months ago

Do you have lots of money to waste? Unless you have tens of thousands to waste, I wouldn't buy anything bigger then a kayak.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

If you didn't take a boating course online then I think it would be a bad choice to buy a boat. Because you could either get yourself killed, or injured if you don't know what you are doing.

I already took an online boating course, and I past. I also bought a life jacket, and flash light. Currently I am buying whatever I need before buying a boat. I made a list of what I need, so I am crossing off what I am purchasing, so I can go on a boat.

I would like to either live on a boat, or travel on a boat. Well maybe I can do both.

Before buying a boat, it's a good idea to think about what type of boat you want, and where you want to put it, and where you want to go with it.

• 6 months ago

If you can't even make a decision you shouldn't be on a lake!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

If you don't have a place to keep it out of the weather, yes it's a bad choice.

Otherwise it will sit in your driveway collecting dirt, rain water, and sun damage. Then you'll end up selling it for pennies on the dollar.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The two best days of a boater's life are the day he buys a boat and the day he sells it.

• kevusaborn
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

For some, but my boat was awesome. I do suggest researching what you need over what you want. Don’t get in over your head.

Enjoy ~~~~~~\o/~~~~~ be safe !

• 6 months ago

"A boat is a hole in the water that you throw money into." (Ha- Dimo beat me to it) Like a new car or other recreational machine, boats have ongoing costs and don't appreciate in value. So it's a terrible financial investment.

But you know why you want a boat. If you can afford it and your wife doesn't hate the idea, then that's how you get there.

• Dimo
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Depends on the boat, if can you handle a boat, and water to put the boat into.

I had a boat when I was a stupid kid -- a Kool Snark Sailboat ($40 plus end of a carton of Kool Cigarettes.) I could car-top the boat on my Triumph Spitfire. I sailed it in the Pacific. Sailboat are a free ride -- no motor, no noise, no effort.

But generally, a boat is a hole in the water which you throw money in. A boat is a good way to waste money.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The best 2 days are when you buy it and when you sell it.

• 6 months ago

yes. Have you ever watched shark week

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.