Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 6 months ago

can you shoot a snake from 25 yards?

is it too small to see with a 3x32mm scope to aim a snake at 25 yards?

I have a shotgun...

• Sammy

I shoot from the hip.

Source(s): Colt 1862 Pocket Police, shot cap. But I wouldn't harm a snake, they eat rats.

I always aim for the shoulder.

• ZDAYSURVIVR6 months agoReport

Its easier to aim for the waist

Hai mean Yes at Japan, can do that with many guns.

• Joe

The other day I was camping and I shot a snake in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas I don't know.

A snake big enough too see at 25yds is huge and youd have no problem nailing it with standard shot

Why not use a hand grenade? Just to be sure.

A 3X scope may be a bit much that close but doable. Even a peep sight would work fine.

Any shotgun hardly takes an aim. (scope on a shotgun?? joke right)

Traipsing the foothills with rattlers about, I packed a .22 Colt woodsman with snake load, anything inside 25 yards a snake would be history.

Encountered a few, some like 25 feet, being no threat, no call to even pull my gun.

Actually never shot a snake, why? if they are no threat, I am in their home, they are the innocents.

In the mood for rattlesnake meat, snakes don't stand a chance, good eating too.

• Mj

I could hit it in the head with a basic rim fire .22 at that range. No scope required. I wouldn't do it though. Snakes as stated by others are of great benefit in pest control.

• Rick

You sound like you just like to kill things. What kind of snake is it? I'll wager you don't even know. Many snakes are beneficial to society to help control other pests. If the snake is 25 yards away you are in no danger. Unless wildlife poses an immediate danger let it be wildlife.

At 25 yards with a shotgun that has a scope on it you shouldn't have any trouble at all shooting and killing the snake.