Jordan asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 year ago

How can I use humour to hide my insecurities and to get more comfortable with myself?

I am in the midst of my WONDERFUL teenage years and have a boatload of insecurities floating about in my head. I'm not quite sure how to deal with them... I just wallow in these lovely thoughts. I'm chained to these ghastly beasts. They're eating away at what I'd really love to do, causing me to be scared of such ideas. I've been thinking about ways to tame these animals and thought humour would be sufficient... I just don't know how I would go about it. Please Help :)

• 1 year ago

"Humor is the best medicine," says Reader's Digest. Yes it is. It's just not a cure-all. You can take humor too far just like you can overdose on any other medicine. We can't laugh everything off.

My advice for the aspiring comedian - don't assume that everything that strikes you as funny will be appreciated by others. Sometimes it's best to keep things to yourself and wait till you have something really good to share with others.

They don't teach this in school. A good author - veteran comedian Steve Allen, intelligent and witty, book How To Be Funny.

• 1 year ago

If you have a good sense of humor USE IT! It could definitely help you to break the ice with people & then you could relax & just be yourself once you feel comfortable with others. Good luck & blessings to you!

• 1 year ago

Its actually kind of hard to be funny on the go, i'd try memorizing things that are funny and bring them up whenever theres a dull moment, should work every time

• LP7
    1 year ago

Try to overcome then by being more action orientated.In other words do things instead of thinking about them all the time.It is a waste of energy.You also learn from your choices