Jordan asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 year ago

Why is it that when I'm on my own or with a good friend I can come up with witty/ comical ideas and responses, but with strangers I can't?

One thing i've noticed about myself is that whenever i'm alone or comfortable with someone I can blurt out a comical and/or witty remark, but when I'm with a group or with people/ a person I'm not familiar or uncomfortable with I freeze up and/or my remarks come out as dumb..

When I text or write stories I can type or write or say something on the spot without having to think/ or contemplate it.. It just comes out. Is this because I'm insecure..? How do I get over this...? I'd really love to be able to funny and witty to everyone..

• 1 year ago

Some people are naturally more shy in presence of more people, in presence of strangers etc.

I personally underwent years of increasing inability to communicate in group until i finally ended up with full on agoraphobia with proper panic attacks, this is not off-course inevitable trajectory that is merely my own experience.

I would advise trying to have group of your friends outnumber the strangers see if that helps you?