What is the best bait to use in a mouse trap?

I have a mouse in my place that found a hole in the wall. He's hiding behind my baseboard heater. I have a trap set in front of it with beef jerky and peanut butter. He's not going in the trap. These are just suggestions I found on Google. Is there a different type of bait that would work better?

Cheese, peanut butter . If nothing happens, leave the trap in place. Sooner or later you will hear the gratifying snap. Check to make sure they aren't stealing the bait. Cheap traps don't work. Get Victor. They know their mouse traps.

If you found the hole then you are way ahead in the future if you seal it now. Also douse everything with bleach water to dispel the homey mouse urine smell.

• Steven

Sometime we use rat killer bread and sometime we use chapati pieces along with rat killer. https://t.ly/m6yr

I used a pellet of bread on a trap. Caught the little bugger within 5 minutes. They want something they can run off with quickly

Far better than any traps are the electronic rodent repellers. It drives them out and don't come in.

No traps, no baits, no dead mice to dispose, just no mice, and they do work well.

Just plug them in and the mice leave.

Not recommended if you have rodent pets though.

• B

one cashew works all the time for me

• Anna E

What kind of trap? I used the snap traps and had trouble catching mice. A guy at the hardware store told me to buy a Payday candy bar and then take a small piece of thread or yarn and pinch off a piece of the candy bar and roll it into the thread and tie the thread to the bait trap and then set the trap. The mouse will have to tug to get the candy off and therefore trigger the trap to snap. It worked like a charm for me.

Peanut butter works. But you can't have the trap out in the open...it needs to be out of sight but away from his hiding place. He has to search for it....he has to want it.

PB is the best of the simple baits. However, it does have the disadvantage that mice are sometimes able to eat it off the trigger without springing the trap. When out in the field, taking a survey, I use a mix of peanut butter, bacon grease, oatmeal, and raisins. Location is also important. set the trap with the trigger end up against the wall and you might not even need bait.

You might also want to investigate glue traps. Like the snap traps, they work best when set along the runways.

• Murzy

peanut butter works well.

• David

Get rid of the trap and get a cat or use cheese.