Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 6 months ago

What type of food should I have catered at my wedding?

I have a really steady bf, and we're getting married at the end of this year. A Christmas wedding, like I always dreamed of. I was talking to my friends and asking them what foods they like. One guy made a joke and said, "I'll be the cockroach on the ground and eat the crumbs". But seriously, what food should I serve? I'm thinking of Mediterranean dishes.

Favorite Answer

Your budget and your guests' tastes factor in. Be sure to have at least one dish that everyone will likely eat, and a vegetarian option. I think most people like Italian Mediterranean, but Greek Mediterranean is less globally-liked.

Vegetarian and non vegetarian

because some people doesn't

eat meat or pork .

Pasta-most people love it along with the sides of bread and fine salads.

• denise

Some of the foods you like, and some that your BF like, then ask the caterer what a crowd pleasers are, then have a selection of these foods.

What is your and your to be's best foods, serve that.

I love Mediterranean food, but unless the wedding were in a climate where it's warm at Christmas, I'd think it an odd choice.

You didn't tell us where you are on the globe, what the climate is, what kinds of things are eaten in December where you are...

You should have some of both your favorite foods.

• God

Pick something you like and most other people like too. I would pick prime rib.

• oldprof

Prime rib is difficult for a large party because it's hard to match the how would you like it to their taste of each person.

Are your guests used to eating Mediterranean dishes because personally I don't care for much of it. The weddings I have been to do either chicken, potatoes and veg or steak pie, potatoes and veg followed by apple pie and custard or cream and glass of champagne.

• Mark

Ratatouille, Spanish tortilla (which is sort of like a fritatta with potatoes), samosas, some sort of chicken dish.