Is it alright to unplug my gas stove from electric outlet when we are not using it?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Why???? No reason whatsoever to do that.

• 3 months ago

If it's a timer and you can't figure it out, pulling the plug and putting it back in will probably cancel it. Getting the manual online is Even better. But in any case pulling the plug on a gas stove is safe.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Maybe it would be worthwhile to find out what controls the oven by either googling up the PDF Owners manual for your brand and model of stove and read it. Something is switched ON and that memory does not go away like on a computer. While your method will shut the whole thing down, it does not fix the issue. It may be in the clock settings. I know I had that with an electric stove(so it was partially on) If you hate reading, you could always go to the store that sells your model toy and ask the service guy what it could be. 15 minutes is an odd thing. Once every 24 hours I can see clock

Handyman

• 3 months ago

The electric is for the controls only. It should DEFAULT to shutting off the gas when the power is out, so an artificial power outage should be safe.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

The reason that I want to unplug it is because the oven comes on when I am not using it every 15 minutes and stays on for about 5 minutes then goes off. It does this all day. I figure if I can unplug it then it will not automatically come on every 15 minutes for 5 minutes. If there is a timer on it, I have not been able to locate it.

• Snezzy
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

If you were to tell us the make, model number and perhaps the serial number then we might be able to help you find the source of your mystery stove's poltergeist. Stove is not supposed to behave like that, normally. BAD STOVE! GO LIE DOWN!!

• elhigh
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It won't hurt anything, but why?

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Yes. But it's unnecessary.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Well, if it's for a long time, but going through the motions (pulling the stove out - they're quite heavy) every night would just be silly. However, I DO unplug things like toasters right after I use them.

• 3 months ago

Sure. You just have to reset the darn clock each time you plug it back in.

• marty
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Absolutely fine to do that. I unplug mine when I vacation.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.