Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 7 months ago

Would you go to school/work without glasses if this was your prescription?

My daughter wants to be picked up from school because her glasses broke and she claims she can't do anything without them.

I checked her script. It's -4 and -2.75. Is she telling the truth?

She is definitely telling the thruth! I ve -1.50 and when I was in school I could see nothing on the board without glasses!

I'm not sure, it is probably okay considering I am +6.25 (barely any prescription in the right eye), I am farsighted and for me it is very blurry where I can't read anything. There might be a slight problem for her with reading small prints, reading the board in class, etc. I'd say she is telling the truth and not just saying that for her benefits, and as her mom you should trust in the fact that she genuinely cannot she well.

With her left eye, she should be able to see clearly anything that is less than 36 cm from her face. That's not an unreasonable distance to read. However, she can't see anything that the teacher puts on the board. She can't see her classmates clearly. Some people with prescriptions like hers are uncomfortable reading without glasses because of the imbalance between her eyes. In theory, she could read and do stuff up close. However, she has reason to feel very uncomfortable with her vision.

She is telling the truth. You need to learn to trust your daughter and to love her enough to pick her up from school when she asks you without having to get opinions on prescriptions first. That is ridiculous.

Be a good parent.

That’s a strong prescription. My glasses are 2.75 and 3.0, and I about get a migraine trying to focus on anything without them.

This pretty bad, yes. My husband can hardly get away with doing this and he's -1.75 and -1.25. She's telling the truth. Get her new glasses.

• Robin

no as i would walk right past the biulding without seeing it