Had to quit my job?

Ok so recently I had to quit my job because people get paid differently there and they thought they would be able to slide that pass me. I told them no I don't agree along with I never got trained nor drug tested for that role. Which that is a requirement. Along with one of their male associates putting their hands on me , I'm confused what should I do? This is Walmart

1 year ago

You weren't trained or drug tested, yet you expect the same pay as people who were. Yes, you are proudly a snowflake, dear. People get paid differently for all kinds of things: experience, work output, customer service skills.

As for the oh-so-carefully worded "put his hands on me" get over yourself. It's time people use some common sense. Grabbing your breasts or backside is certainly NOT the same as taking you by the shoulders and moving you out of the way of a forklift.

Working at Walmart isn't like working an oil rig, darling. So "costed me my life" is obviously an exaggeration.

You quit a job. It isn't confusing at all. If you need money, you'll need to find another one.

1 year ago

Move on get another job your life is going to be filled with finding other jobs might as well start right now learning to get used to it.

• 1 year ago

Go on line to Care.com and apply for a job there.

• 1 year ago

What are you confused about? You quit. People get paid differently in all jobs. It depends on experience.. I'm confused about what you are asking.

• 1 year ago

What to do? You already quit.

What you should have done was

1. realize that companies pay different people different wages for the same job: they weren't sliding anything passed you, that's just how it is. Everywhere.

2. Companies decide who to drug-test and how they will train their employees.. It's on them if they don't train employees adequately or don't do a drug test they should have. If you felt that you were asked to do work that you had not been sufficiently trained for, you should have asked the supervisor for more training.

3. If anyone "put their hands on" you you should have immediately gone to a supervisor and told them what happened. It's their job to handle it.

There's nothing for you to do now. You've quit your job. Go find another one. Just expect that other people doing the same job are likely to be paid differently than you, that you need to ask for training if you need it, and you should talk to your supervisor if a fellow employee or customer does something to you.

• Alex
    1 year ago

Never quit a job because you're not getting what you think you deserve. You quit a job because you have found a better one (and you go find a better one because you are not getting what you think you deserve).

• 1 year ago

You quit your job...so you find another one.

Most businesses pay employees different wages based on experience, skill, seniority, etc...

To what did you not agree exactly and what does being trained or drug tested have to do with quitting?