Yahoo keeps putting a question of mine' that has nothing to do with Yahoo, under Yahoo categories. How do I stop this?

When I click on "edit category" it only lets me change the sub-category. I can't select a suitable main category.

• Daniel
    Favorite Answer

On the Top Left side of the Box do you see a All Button Click on That and then it should Bring you to a Main Category Page from there you should be able to Select a New Category for It not just a Sub Category

When you click Edit Category by Default it will show you Sub Category's of the Current Category that the Question is In

• LAN

Have you tried not spamming the same question over and over?

• Zirp

Are you sure it isn't level-7 people seeing that your question violates the guidelines?

friend whenever you want to post a question and you want to assign to your question a specific category begin your question with the category that you want to have it kept in and no matter how many times somebody moved your question the auto robot will move it back for instance you're going to post something about religion begin your question with the words religion and spirituality. if you're asking a question about food and cooking begin your question with the words food and cooking. Trust me that's actually works .

• .

Questions don't get put in main categories, they are only put in subcategories (and some subcategories have more levels under them, such as Dining out> United States> <various cities in the US>. You need to select the best subcategory, under the relevant category. For example a question about the sun would go in Science & Mathematics>Astronomy and Space, not just be put in Science & Mathematics.

Refresh your screen and try again in a bit. Sometimes questions don't move easily. There have been times I've been unable to move a question that was clearly in the wrong category (I would not post into another category), but if I went back later and tried, it almost always worked just fine.