priya asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 6 months ago

Parents found alcohol in my room HELP?

My parents found a can of smirinoff ice in my closet and are wanting to confront me about it! They’re really strict so Idk what to say! Should I say my little cousin was drinking it cause she thought t was sprite and I hid it for her and forgot about it

Wow, Smirnoff Ice. That's some really hard stuff. Seriously?!?!??!! It's like 4% Alcohol. Best prep for the interrogation: where did it come from? Why do you have it? Have you done this before? Do you drink alcohol often? Why? Tell the TRUTH.

Punishment

Options: no friends, phone, computer, freedom (grounded) slave labor mow grass do dishes etc, Fear of God (yelling, hitting, off to Bible Camp) or if you're a heavy drinker therapy/rehab.

There all possibilities on the table nothing to fear.

• kim

Yes. Cats out of the bag. I'd hardly think they would think you a serial killer, just a wayward child experimenting. So you should except thy punishment.

What’s wrong are you underage or what ? Just admit it .

Stop drinking if your not old enough to take what they give you and go on.

Just accept their punishment and apologize then move on. They only want what’s best for you!!

I would just be honest with them. You will feel less stress about feeling that you have to lie to them.

Sprite? And why didn't your cousin show signs of being drunk? Your excuse is not good, my friend. I'll be with the rest of the crowd and say you should tell the truth.

You made your bed, now lay in it.

• zeno

Stop over reacting. Show Your not guilty

By staying calm and relaxed no matter

What they say or do about this subject.

Simply state ( it's not mine ) if they lay

Something on you for it. Simply accept

The punishment but never change your

Statement ( it's not mine ) you can say

Later ( you punished me for something

I didn't do and I forgive you ) then hug

Them and walk away.

Fear of and anticipation of consequences is almost always worse than the consequences themselves. Fess up and it will all go down much easier. It takes courage to tell the truth in that circumstance but believe me, in the vast majority of cases, it will make it easier for you in the long run.