How can i fix my computers crashes?

Alright, so my PC for the last 2 weeks has been just crashing all of a sudden after an hour of so of use. It would just go to a back screen, than reboot with the message "An operating system wasn t found, press any key to continue" so i pressed a key and it d reboot normally. Now that message doesn t even show up. When it crashes and I leave it alone it ll make a beeping noise. (I m pretty sure the beeps mean something but I don t know anything about it) My computer is the Dell Studio XPS 8100. I ve tried clearing space unplugged my second monitor, testing the cords on my hard drive. Nothing though. Any fixes/ suggestions?

I was given the error code 2000-0123 I researched it and it's a motherboard issue. I did what the Dell people said (Switch RAM around remove RAM) Nothing did the trick.

I'm gonna do a complete re-install of windows.

I didn't end up doing a re-install. I figured out it was a cooling issue. I just run a box fan on it at all times and it works.

It sounds very much like you have some kind of a virus or malware on your computer that is getting into the ram. Or your hard drive may be going bad

Usually beeping means RAM failure or, in some cases, something more serious like a motherboard issue or hard drive corruption. I would have it checked out by computer store or tech near you.

Source(s): I'm a computer repair technician

The first thing I would do is unplug all the power supply connectors and re-seat them. Next, remove all the memory and re-seat them. This operation is called "burnishing" or wiping the contacts so they break any corrosive barriers. After that, substitute a different power supply known to be good and take voltage readings. Lastly, try a another hard drive known to be good. Look at all the electrolytic capacitors on the motherboard and inside the power supply. Check for bulging and exploded capacitors at the top of the cans. Google "Capacitor Plague" and study the photos. Scroll down, click on each photo to expand the view. Note the score marks in the tops. This is to weaken the can top so when the capacitor fails, it will vent through this area.

• David

Tap the F12 key at the Dell splash screen on start-up.

Choose Diagnostics from the menu.

Run the built in diagnostics and see what errors it shows. Update your post

Beeping is telling a Tech, who knows the system, what might be wrong.

You are having the need of a Tech. I find STAPLES techs the best in my area.

It could be something as simple as a loose wire, or battery failing.

It could be as complicated as a Virus/Malware infection.

Or could be a Thermocouple overheating and saving the computer.

• VAA

Sounds like a hard drive failure.

I once heard that beeping noise is a motherboard issue.