Boo asked in PetsDogs · 3 months ago

My dog ate grass on his walk,we've just got home & he's been sick this hasn't happened before,he's drank since & seem ok but I'm worried?

Update:

Should I call the vet or is it ok?

29 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

If it continues take him to the vet.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

I I'm an evil messiah

Attachment image
    Source(s): Yung N White School Shooter Type
  • 3 months ago

Dogs will eat grass to make themselves barf.

I don’t allow my dogs to eat grass except at home, where I know the grass has no chemicals on it.

• 3 months ago

It is the question without an answer. Does my dog eat grass because his stomach is upset or is his stomach upset because he eats grass? Dogs are omnivores. They eat grass (plants) and meat. Don't worry.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

dogs also eat grass to complete dietary needs...

• 3 months ago

most dogs just eat grass when they have upset stomachs you should not worry too much unless the symptoms persist

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

My basset hound puppy LOVES to eat grass. In fact that is all he eats. Sure he's very thin, whines all the time and can barely stand up, but it's worth it to see his face light up when I bring his bowl of freshly cut grass and place it next to his body.

• 3 months ago

When dogs eat grass it is usually i digestive problem that the dog is trying to correct. And yes they may even throw up from eating the grass but its to their benefit that is why they do it.

• 3 months ago

Dont be worrying the dog has eaten sorrel grass dogs to that in order to purge their stomachs in a half hour your dog will be as right as rain is again.. most sorrel grasses are lightly toxic to dog thus are refused and regurgitated by their system thus they get rid of a stomach upset by causing thedog to throw up.

Attachment image
    Source(s): i`m a Shepherd so one thing i know extremely well are the grasses and the sorrels.... Because I need to know put simply for the health and safety of my Dogs Ewes and lambs
  • 3 months ago

When a dog has an upset stomach, they eat grass to cause themselves to vomit of the sour stomach. Dogs do this all the time. Nothing to be concerned about.

I don't have grass in my yard so they eat the elm tree leaves, which happen to be a natural dewormer. They have ways to heal themselves in some respect.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.