GARY asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 4 months ago

do you verify the stories you carry are not fake news?

cnn ruined the media forever.;;

FAke news is easy to spot. It is usually posted on social media by clueless 'friends.'

Gary, I used to report, and all my stories were verified, by myself, and an editor. The term "fake news" was not common then, but what it meant to me was a trip to the unemployment office. You reported the facts or you didn't have a job.

Yes...and all I'm left with is the alternative media and sometimes Fox News. CNN, CBS, and all the other libertard channels get thrown right out of the Toss.(Though it's fun to watch Anderson Cooper toss someone's salad from time to time.) Whats more is that you can't trust Snopes.com anymore either, because they are also political propagandists. The one thing you can always trust right now in the media above all else is TRUMP's twitter account. He tells it how it is, and the DNC hates it.

fake news is real, a ot of it is from overseas, and they get paid for everyone who clicks on it. Check out 60 minutes on this.

I don't "carry" stories, but if I think a story is important - or I am interested in it - I do try to determine whether it is true or not.

I hope you realise that 'fake news' is something invented by Trump to discredit any stories that make him look bad, which is nearly every story about him. Most news stories are true, excpet on Fox news where they make things up because they are Trump's propaganda station.

A few years ago people just read the news. Now because of Trump people doubt everything.

• gerald

yes I do they are based on real life experiences not hopes and dreams

then there'd be NOTHING left but sports and ads !!!

I honestly wouldn’t know