So do you think I was just super lucky? Good Karma?

I accidentally left my iPad Mini on a flight from China to LA. I discovered it missing a day later. I used United Airlines missing item page. They did not find it. I set it to "lost mode". I had previously set a screen message with fist name, email, and home address. I never expected it to find a... show more I accidentally left my iPad Mini on a flight from China to LA. I discovered it missing a day later. I used United Airlines missing item page. They did not find it.

I set it to "lost mode". I had previously set a screen message with fist name, email, and home address. I never expected it to find a WiFi. I also figured the battery would have died.

Someone set an email that just said, "I find you iPad" in the subject. It was in my SPAM folder. Being that thought it was another spam so I deleted it in haste, the regretted that action.

About a month later, I got a package from China Post. My iPad was in it, with no note or anything. What are the odds of that?
Update: It must have been a Chinese tourist who was returning from LA.
Update 2: When I delete a message from my SPAM folder it does not show up in my trash folder. I discovered that only recently.