Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 months ago

I’m 15 5’9 female and plan on eating 900 calories a day is that low enough to loose weight?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

not enough calories. you will get weak

• 6 months ago

Ask a doctor so you don't mess up your metabolism but the muscle to fat ratio is what matters feed the muscle starve the fat.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Too low. You'll blow your metabolism and give yourself medical problems.

Children, and yes, you are still a growing kid, don't have a clue about healthy weights or healthy diets and you should only be dieting if your doctor says so and your parents supervise.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

What is your BMI? When someone wants to lose weight, I usually recommend between 1200 and 1500 cal a day and not be hungry. If you can manage 900 cal a day and not be hungry and eat a relatively diverse amount or type of food, it’s probably fine.

Keep in mind it’s never what we eat, but how many calories we eat, that determines weight gain or weight loss. You don’t want your body to go into starvation mode. You don’t want to have cravings either. So, if you can manage 300 cal a meal, or not really have meals and just eat 900 cal worth of stuff all day and not be hungry, more power to you.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

You should consult a physician and/or dietician. At 15, you are still developing; too few calories will cause for abnormal development you will regret the rest of your life. Get some exercise; that help and doesn't hurt.

• 6 months ago

Not enough calories... You need at least 1,200 a day to be healthy. Eating too little will make your body go into starvation mode, causing weight gain. I would recommend eating 1,200 calories a day with proper exercise.

• 6 months ago

I would say better to have a suggestion from a doctor rather than trying it out yourself.

• 6 months ago

Google diet doctor keto for beginners.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

No. Your caloric intake will be too low for your body to function normally. As a result, your metabolism will slow to conserve energy and fat to prevent you from starving to death.

Stay at 1200-1500 calories. Exercise and eat healthy foods.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

not how you lose weight and you need to burn more calories than what you consume

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.