Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 7 months ago

As a senior citizen, why should I buy a smartphone, when I hardly use my flip phone?

• SRΛSC

You don't have to buy a smartphone. If you are more comfortable with a flip phone then by all means...

• falcon

I hear you loud and clear you don't have to, but the future is changing fast ...

If you don't require all the stuff that smartphones are capable of doing just stick with a basic phone. I have no need for a smartphone but do carry a basic phone with me when driving just in case of an emergency. I pay an annual recharge fee of $15. That's cheap insurance in case I require roadside assistance.

no reason for it

You don't. No one does. Smartphones are the poors answer to Laptop ownership. It's a trend,backed by the fortune they make for manufacturers, app sellers and Cellular plan sellers. They are like Trumps (hes 5 10 normally )lifts, make people feel taller, and more secure in themselves, while bailing money our of their pockets. Nothing to do with needing to make phone calls on the go.

• John

Smartphones have gps so you can tell where you are.

You don't have to.

Smart phones are mainly for people who loves internet and needs internet as well as a telephone.

You don't have to.

• Olive

Only things i can think of is easier to use cause you just touch the screen instead of having to use the buttons. Also smartphones have bigger screen to see lot better

• Brian

If you are not going to use it, you don't need to buy one.