Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 7 months ago

As a senior citizen, why should I buy a smartphone, when I hardly use my flip phone?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • SRΛSC
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

You don't have to buy a smartphone. If you are more comfortable with a flip phone then by all means...

• falcon
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

I hear you loud and clear you don't have to, but the future is changing fast ...

• 6 months ago

If you don't require all the stuff that smartphones are capable of doing just stick with a basic phone. I have no need for a smartphone but do carry a basic phone with me when driving just in case of an emergency. I pay an annual recharge fee of $15. That's cheap insurance in case I require roadside assistance.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

no reason for it

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 months ago

You don't. No one does. Smartphones are the poors answer to Laptop ownership. It's a trend,backed by the fortune they make for manufacturers, app sellers and Cellular plan sellers. They are like Trumps (hes 5 10 normally )lifts, make people feel taller, and more secure in themselves, while bailing money our of their pockets. Nothing to do with needing to make phone calls on the go.

• John
    Lv 4
    7 months ago

Smartphones have gps so you can tell where you are.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

You don't have to.

Smart phones are mainly for people who loves internet and needs internet as well as a telephone.

• 7 months ago

You don't have to.

• Olive
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

Only things i can think of is easier to use cause you just touch the screen instead of having to use the buttons. Also smartphones have bigger screen to see lot better

• Brian
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

If you are not going to use it, you don't need to buy one.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.