mhiaa
mhiaa asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 5 months ago

What's the point of Yahoo Answers if the points aren't worth anything?

Points are worth being able to ask a question. Hope this helps :)

Nice point you make there - about points!

Points do not exist and it's plain idiotic for anyone to be on Answers for the sake of points.

But to be on here for the sake of asking questions, or offering answers to them - that is the point of Yahoo Answers.

You need at least 5 points to ask a question, that makes then worth something does it not?

Also the higher your level the more respect you can get.

What are you talking about? I got a 911 with mine.

• Daniel

points when you reach a certain amount gets you to the next level as you level up you can contribute more to the site each levels has restrictions on what you can and can not do such as how many questions you can ask and answer points have no money value towards them and there are no actual prizes learn more about points and levels here http://answers.yahoo.com/info/scoring_system

• .

The points are what increases your user level, so you can post more questions and answers per YA day (Levels 1 - 4). From level 4 - 6 there is no benefit to gaining points, but once you reach Level 7 (25,000 pts or more) you also gain the ability to relocate misplaced questions to more appropriate subcategories (although far too many Levle 7s do the opposite).

The points were to encourage participation in the site, since there are many people who will simply try to see how many points they can get (much like playing a game for points...the points mean nothing, but it's human nature to keep playing to try to beat your previous best score).

Not to mention, many would be here even without the points, because there can be interesting questions and informative answers (not as many as in years past, but they do exist) and it can be an interesting/enjoyable way to pass the time. Most of the time I spend here is while I'm at work, because my job doesn't often keep me very busy (and I've seen others post similar, over the years).

I'm just here for the LOLZ.

what can you do with the points? Nothing.

• audrey

The satisfaction.

To ask questions in order to get answers, and to answer other people's questions. No one is here for the points.

you get to ask any question you want and see how people respond