How can I not do picture day for school? Can I just refuse to take any photos?

I ve been sick this whole week. I missed the first picture day but tomorrow is retake day. And I m really not in the mood to take any pictures, I m not looking or feeling my best. What should I do?

• Frank

Think of the consequences of not doing the work. You paid to take the class, right? Or, at least someone paid for it such as your parents. Not doing the work is not getting your monies worth out of the class. It's like paying for food and immediately throwing it out because you don't feel like eating it right now.

Man up! Don't let your emotions limit you. Yes, you're not in a "good mood." So what! Get off your butt and overcome that emotion and do what you need to do in order to get a good grade. Otherwise, what's the point of taking the class in the first place. I mean, if you were in pain or had a high fever, that would different, but not being "in a good mood" is just a pussy excuse! Man up and do the work.

• Tina

I think the misunderstanding comes from the fact that when the enquirer says "to take any pictures" an English reader would assume she was talking about taking photographs, while she actually means having her photograph taken. And if she's not looking her best, then fair enough.

Change your mood. You don't have to like it. This is part of life. Like what was said before, you'll regret not having your picture taken later on down the road.

You always have the option of refusing. Just be absent for ur photo-taking time by saying you were sick. they'll probably get you to do it on retake day a while later. but if you really don't want it even then you can be absent for that too. You can't be penalized for being sick. and showing up or not showing up places is really your choice as long as ur parents understand. do what you want its a frEe coUNtRY

• John P

Only your school can give you the proper answer to that question.

• mokrie

Use makeup and go. In 20 years you'll hate yourself for not being part of it.

You could refuse but that's a defeatist mentality. If I were you, I would get a good night's sleep and get up a little earlier than usual to have more time to get ready. I would make myself look good, eat breakfast, and take whatever OTC meds I needed to feel better. If you make yourself mentally look bad, you will look bad. If you discipline your mind to do what you need to do to make yourself look good, you will look and feel good. Don't dwell on the pictures, just make the effort for your well-being.

Wear a shirt with a swastika on it.

• Lv 6

idiot