Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 10 months ago

I am a landlord who have ask my tenant to stop letting her children color on the walls how should I handle this situation?

This is the third time that I had to repaint the living room walls I have spent close to $900 I don't want to kick her and her children out but what can I do in this situation I am trying to be really nice about it but she has refused to discipline her children

Are you charging her for the repairs? If so then what's the big deal, if not then why. If you start charging her for this I suspect she'll very quickly start disciplining her kids far better.

• e9601:

Stop playing "nice" and charge her. Better yet evict her. Do your job and stop playing around with it.

charge herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Stop painting them. Or charge her for it.

Bill her for the repairs to the damage her children have done so far (close to $900) and let her know if it happens again either her damage deposit will go up or she will forced to vacate the premises.

• GEEGEE

Don't paint again until after she moves out. If she is unhappy with the artwork she'll either clean or paint herself or she'll get the brats to stop. You are catering to her and not giving any incentive for change.

Why do you keep repainting the walls? Any reason you aren't charging her each time you do?

• Judy

Charge her. Then if they do it again, just leave the crayon marks there until they leave.

Why are you repainting the wall?

She can live with it and you can charge her for damages when she moves out if she hasn't repaired the damage.

Why are you coming on Y!A to ask this?

A person who is actually a landlord would know exactly how to handle this.

You hand her a bill for $900 and tell her that she and the children need to find somewhere else to live.