Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 6 months ago

How can someone have a doctorate in biology and not accept evolution?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Stasia
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

It would be very improbable, but a pig skin doesn't make one smart.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

They let their religion get mixed up with science. The two do not mix or even have the same purpose.

• 6 months ago

Evolution exists it's like God you just have to believe it exists

• 6 months ago

Because that person is probably a Christian. Evolution has been disproved many times by Christians.

• ...Show all comments
    • ron h
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

By chance, was this disproof found in the Bible? One can NEVER use one's own statement of proof that the statement is true. ex: I could say the sun rose in the west today. It would be true that I said that, but that would not be proof that it's true.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • oikoσ
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

There are doctorates and doctorates. If you had a Ph. D. from Harvard, it would be extremely unlikely. If it came from Liberty University, it would be extremely unlikely that you even knew anything about organic evolution. When I did my doctoral work, I referenced the work of a creationist. Obviously, our interpretations of his results were different.

• 6 months ago

He kept his big mouth shut until after he got tenure.

• Tom S
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I doubt it would happen, if so I would say shear willful ignorance. But one would just not pass tests needed to get such a degree in biology.

• Cowboy
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

If that doctorate came from a religious institution, they may have been indoctrinated in an alternative evolutionary theory cooked up by Christian Dominionists.

• 6 months ago

It would be very improbable, but a pig skin doesn't make one smart.

• Nancy
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Because the former is not a prerequisite of the latter. In fact, at that level of education, it would be readily acceptable in academia for one to challenge the prevailing theories. Science, in fact, is predicated on scientists doing just that -- challenging the current science with non-acceptance as that is how knowledge is furthered and expanded.

By the way, "not accepting" something isn't the same as rejecting it. "Not accepting" something merely means that you find the evidence isn't enough to convince you, which means you don't know whether or not it's true, not that you think it's false. Science, truth, these things spring from those who claim to not know, not from those who claim to.

• ...Show all comments
    • Nancy
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

One, you have no idea what you're talking about. Two, you've put words into my mouth, because I never suggested that anyone was doing anything for the sake of "being rebellious," words you put quotes around but I never said.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.