I’m 26 years old and have little driving experience, How do I learn how to drive at 26 years old?

I’m from San Diego California. It’s hard to get around with no transportation of your own. I have no friends and family that are willing to let me practice in their vehicles , I was wondering if anybody can recommend a good place for adults to learn how to drive behind the wheel that is not too expensive and I can give me a lot of hours practicing behind the wheel. I have my permit.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Same as anyone else. You get a driving instructor or you practse with another licensed driver.

• 7 months ago

Your age is not a limit on learning, but you should have at least average intelligence. You got this far....good. Buy or lease a car and join a driving school, since you don't have anyone to give you lessons or loan you a car.

• Anton
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

" ... San Diego ... (no) to let me practice in their vehicles ... have my permit.... "

You can walk into the DMV, pass written and eye tests, walk out with a motorcycle permit.

You can ride daytime, solo, no freeways. You can get a 125cc Twist-n-Go scooter, such as a Lance Cali Classic from Main Street Scooters. To get the license, you can pass the "Lollypop" test at the DMV, or (best) take the motorcycle class -- they will allow you to use your own scoot so you don't need to learn "clutch" and "gears."

• Ron
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

It's not our job to research and read reviews of driving schools in your area.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • JetDoc
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Use your computer search engine to find driving schools near where you live.

• 7 months ago

Find a professional driving school

• Katie
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

Don't bother learning.

It is a LOT cheaper going every where on public transport. I used to have a small car and it costs me a MINIMUM of £100 EVERY 7 days to run it, but on public transport it costs me £30 EVERY 7 days.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

People usually get lessons.

There are driving schools.

• baby20087 months agoReport

I went driving school it was basically about getting the driving test correct. I’ve already passed that portion. I can’t find any drivi g school that offers more than two hours for 400 $

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.