Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 7 months ago

Why do people say life is what you make it?

That is absolutely not true. There is nowhere in the United States

where you can go and be yourself. The rule of law here is you are

free to be told what to do, or starve to death. Money is more important

than people.

For example: If you live with your parents, they will tell you what

to do. If you work for a company, your boss will tell you what to do.

If you start a business, your customers will tell you what to do. I

even looked into being homeless, the police and zoning-laws will

tell you what do.

In conclusion: Life is not what you make it. Life is how you to react

to being told what to do. I seriously think that first saying is a filthy lie.

Your thoughts?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

That expression has more to do with your attitudes about the world you face than being some literal belief that anyone can be anything. You're certainly not the only person in the world who's expected to work to stay alive. We all face that. It's just that some of us have more reasonable expectations than you seem to.

• 6 months ago

Life is what you make of it. That does not mean you get to be you, it means whatever you want out of life you have to do what is necessary to make it happen. You don't have to listen to what people tell you to do and there are certainly plenty of companies that don't listen to their customers and still do fine. When you move up the ladder of success, you get more freedoms and more power to do things your way. It sounds like you are not willing to make the sacrifices required to move up the ladder, but that is "your" choice, hence what you make of it.

• 6 months ago

Life's like a sewer.What you get out of it depends on what you put in.

• Marduk
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Good rationalization for being lazy. I see that is what you are making of your life.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 months ago

There wasn't a single person in Eastern Germany that was homeless or uneducated Yet people life was like hell back then, in fact, the majority of Eastern Germans would want it rather back.

Free speech and democracy are pretty useless if you're broke and poor and have to worry every day that your family isn't getting enough food on their table

• 7 months ago

Your house is what you make it. Sure there are confines that we have to put up with. Property limits, gravity and such , but within those limits, what house you have...is all up toyou

If you fail or succeed in life, you have no one to point to but you

If you don't like what your parents tell you what to do...move out

If you don't like being bossed around, start your own business

• 7 months ago

My thought is that you're a wimpy twit who likes to victimize yourself by letting others push you around. In my hood you wouldn't last a week.

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Life is what you make it.

• 7 months ago

those were their thoughts...........

• 7 months ago

Obviously it is a filthy, scummy, stenchy lie. But then again it is athiests favorite saying.

genealogy of athiests,

John 8:44-45 King James Version (KJV)

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

• 7 months agoReport

Uh-oh - you disagree with yesmar, a fellow christian cultist!

Look out!!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.