Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 5 months ago

How can remove yellow/white stains from my underarm shirts?

• VAA

With difficulty is the first but true answer. I have found that working in a paste of a biological washing powder or liquid and letting it soak for a good while, preferably overnight, then washing as normal goes a long way. But I must reiterate, "with difficulty" is the ultimate answer.

• marty

These stains occur when the aluminum in your antiperspirant or deodorant combines with the salt in your sweat. What works best for me is to mix 3% hydrogen peroxide, some dawn dish detergent and baking soda

After applying the ingredients directly to the shirt, use an old toothbrush to work them in for a minute, and then let the shirt sit for at least an hour before putting it in the washing machine.

soak and then wash in HOT water ...................................

I had the same problem with white t-shirts. I read somewhere that it is caused by your deopdorant. Put a bit if bleach in the wash, but change your brand of deodroant.