Kayla asked in HealthDental · 6 months ago

Why does my tooth still hurt after weeks of getting a filling?

When I was at the dentist they did an x ray on my tooth that had a huge hole and it showed it didn't went near the pulp but it was very wide and then they filled it and they said I would be sore for a couple days?

Fwi It only happens when I drink hot or cold drinks or when I eat on my other side of my mouth

you need to ask your dentist this question

Could have touched a nerve and it's still sensitive, could be that there's a small pore somewhere, might want to ask your dentist about it, or at the least, try using sensodyne (or similar sensitivity toothpaste) for a bit to help. I'd ask the dentist as the best choice.

• Tavy

The filling is pressing on the nerve in the root of your tooth.

• .

Sometimes the decay is just too much for a filling or crown to work. But don't give up hope yet. If it continues to hurt, an extraction will solve the problem.

We can't possibly know why. Call your dentist's office, tell them what's going on, and find out if they want to see you for a follow-up exam.