Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 4 months ago

Any tips on how to keep a bathroom squeaky clean?

I try to keep my bathroom clean but i am constinatly cleaning it daily. Now i even pulled up a lot of hair from the tub drain and I dont want it clogged. The apartment I rent with my fiancé didnt come with a bathtub drain cover to catch the hair. Also my fiancé has body hair so i see gis hair on the floor daily in little curls. I sweep, swifter mop but i keep seeing dirt. I am even cleaning the toiletvseat daily and the sink because i see his hair.. and i think he got a urine stain on the sink cabinet from peeing standing up and he goes for like 2 minutes peeing in the morning...

How can i keep this bathroom clean without having to clean this daily or is it because I am now an adult living on my own this is something i cannot avoid?

You can easily buy a drain-cover. For the rest, hair on the floor isn't ideal, but it's not dirty; you don't have to sweep it up every day.

If a man can't aim properly, then the toilet has to be cleaned. No way around it. But why can't he take his share of the cleaning?

The bathtub drain screens come 2 for a buck at the dollar store. That will help the clogging issue.

I stay out of it and use a friends bathroom or at Mickey D's.

Just lazy.

Why don't you tell him to take a turn cleaning? Or is it beneath him?

• Mark

The only way to keep it "squeaky clean" IS to clean it every day, but it might help to ask your fiancé to try not to mess up the bathroom, and to clean it every other time.

• audrey

Walmart sells a card with 3 little screen things that fit different size drains. That will keep hair out of your drains. That's one thing.