Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsOther - News & Events · 10 months ago

could the police have done more to find that poor girl in Malaysia?

why didn't they use thermal imaging cameras on helicopters to pick up heat sources?

why didn't they do night time searches?

Nora said she wanted to see a waterfall so why didn't they set up a camp near the waterfall and have a couple of soldiers stay there for a few days?

or how about the parents don't take a mentally handicapped kid to the jungle and leave her unattended?

Malaysia is a muslim country so they help.

• Who

here parents were suppose to have taken her to malayia for the trip of a lifetime

If YOU had a 15 year old with learning difficulties, out of all the places in the world - would malayia be top of your list to take them for a trip of a lifetime?

• 10 months agoReport

no

So, responsibility for the welfare of the child lays at the door of the parents, that's the first thing.

Could the police have done more? They could, of course, if they had the McCann squad out there they would have found her in no time. But who knows the vulnerability of the child more than her own parents?

I'm not here to blame anyone, it seems a tragic accident but the post mortem shows that she died of starvation and there is no evidence of kidnap or any sexual assault and so it seems the girl wandered off, maybe she woke up in the night and didn't realise she was on vacation and went to look for her mother? I understand she went missing on the first night, forget about her being 15, functionally she was 5 so she should have been in her parent's room not a room on her own with a broken window. This is Portugal all over again, at the moment I'm going to run with what the Malaysian police are saying but I can't rule out foul play because how come she never went missing in 15 years at home but on vacation she disappears?

I don't know that she wasn't taken there and left there to die, I wish I did but how can I? I have never met Nora or any of her family but I am absolutely heartbroken

• Brian

I can't help but think that no where near enough was done to find her earlier, after all she was found just a mile or so from the hotel she was staying at with her family.I dont think there were enough boots on the ground, even in thick jungle, say she had managed to wonder 10 miles, if enough soldiers or police were looking wouldnt they have found her within 24 hours?I'm not even sure i beleive the Malaysian police report that there isn't more to this case, after all its easier to put the whole event down to her learning difficulties than to suggest third party involvment which would be damaging to tourism in the developing nation also being a developing nation where tragedy is more abundant, there sadly may not have been the same sense of urgency in the minds of local authorities, i dont think ithis is the last of this case.So sad for the family.

• So exactly how much money do you think they should have spent to find some tourist?

Better yet, express that dollar amount in what it costs to feed one starving Malaysian, rather than a developed world tourist.

• 10 months agoReport

good point, if it was UK police force/army i bet they would have found her

Because Malaysia is a Muslim country which means they're poor and incompetent.

• 10 months agoReport

I don't have kids and couldn't care less about what pedophiles do to your children. Muslims on the other hand threaten everyone.