Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 6 months ago

Why are parents so hesitant to let their teens to go out without adult supervision? Even if they are responsible and capable to do so?

You might think that you're responsible and capable and an adult because you use all the right words, but you can't see the dangers that they can. If my parents had let me go And do the things I wanted, it would have been irresponsible. But at the time I thought they were fine. You won't understand until you're older. Parents know best, trust their judgement.

Well because you need to give your child some freedom and not helicopter over them all the time. Teens aren't little kids anymore, yes they need guidance but they should be able to go to most places on their own and not need their parents hovering over them all the time that's how you create snowflake kids who are dependent on their parents and still live with them at the age of 40.

• edward

Inhibitions can go away when you’re a teen at any moment. God judgement can go bad. And above all the lesson i learned...not all places take credit cards and you have to call your parents to come out and save you from the store that won’t let you leave when your master card has been rejected