why dont questioners names show under questions yet the answeres have their user name under their question?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

This was one of the changes Yahoo made back in 2014 with the new format. Yahoo did not explain why they did it.

Lv 7
    6 months ago

They used to long ago, but it was a change made by Yahoo (for unknown reason). The country (version of YA the user was logged into) used to show up as well.

• 6 months ago

I know you're not talking about Anonymous posters. I've noticed the same thing you mentioned, and find it a little irritating sometimes. You actually have to hover your mouse over the Asker's avatar to find out their name.

I had to do that right now to discover YOUR name.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Some of them may not Appear if they have the Question under Anonymous

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

I think some have misunderstood your question. But, who knows why. Yahoo rarely, if ever, gives reasons why. We used to know when a question was posted, but that was a long time ago.

• Peter
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

I don't do anonymous because I am already a Peter Chao fan

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Henry doesn't know the answer but I do.

• 6 months ago

Some people like to remain anonymous. Fortunately for myself, I would never become anonymous. Revealing myself allows others to insult me.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.