Could my mom’s overprotective nature have to do with me being a Aboriginal teenage girl?

It might be a normal parent thing but she worries about me getting killed/missing too. If you Google “Highway of Tears”, you’ll see that dozens of Aboriginal girls have been murdered on that street due to racism. And I live on that very same province. That’s what my friend pointed out to me. We learned at school... show more It might be a normal parent thing but she worries about me getting killed/missing too. If you Google “Highway of Tears”, you’ll see that dozens of Aboriginal girls have been murdered on that street due to racism. And I live on that very same province. That’s what my friend pointed out to me. We learned at school that previous ancestors suffered from trauma too, etc. My mom has always feared CPS might discriminate against her and stuff too, so she never wants to seem like a bad parent. I just looked it up and found out that a big number of foster kids in Canada (and maybe USA??) are Native American. Ive always wondered why she seemed kinda paranoid. But now I know about this history stuff and I’m beginning to wonder if this is the reason why she fears.