Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 6 months ago

Is this even legal?

I was fired in a massive work group chat. I messaged the group to apologize because I had a bad day. Influenced by unexpected personal issues that had arisen the day before. After apologizing every single person in the group chat sent me a paragraph attacking me and then the owner fired me in front of the entire staff through a text of the group chat.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Yes, that is legal.

• 6 months ago

Yes LYING on Yahoo Answers is legal.

Your claim that 'every single person in the group' even knows you exist is patently absurd.

That said, publicly firing you for your public actions is entirely legal.

Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes, legal. Did you actually think your employer doesn't monitor the "massive work group" chat?

• 6 months ago

Yep, sure is. There are no laws on how you can be terminated. You were the example to the others on what not to do

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

It's OK, the owner probably just had a bad day, influenced by unexpected personal issues that had arisen the day before.

• Bruce
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Using work equipment for unprofessional reasons is generally grounds for dismissal. Sending personal chats during working hours is too. So is creating a hostile work environment for sending a negative chat to co-workers.

How they fire you is not covered by law. If you are asking if they can fire you with a text, the answer is yes.

• 6 months ago

Is it illegal to be highly unprofessional by bringing your personal issues to work and burdening EVERYONE with them? It's not against the law, no. But it's certainly something that you can be legally terminated from your employment over.

• 6 months ago

Choose your words wisely in the future.

• 6 months ago

Yes. Time to find a new job.

• helene
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yeah, that's legal.

You must have really been mean to people.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.